PAINTING GUARDIAN AREA
Let’s Talk About Art: Creative Convo Prompts
We think just sitting back, creating a listening to the Sculpd Kids playlist is a great way to experience our kits. Perhaps your child prefers to create in their own creative bubble, and may see a ‘question time’ as an unnecessary stressor. However encouraging your child to partake in conversation alongside creativity can be a helpful and powerful developmental tool. It can bolster vocabulary, communication, creative and critical thinking skills.
One way to do this is to ask your child open-ended questions about their artwork. If you want to give it a go, encourage your child to elaborate on their answers or use their artwork as a starting point for telling a story. We have put a few inspo questions together below.
Sometimes not being able to achieve the outcome they hoped for can be upsetting so we wanted to find a way to make pottery as stress free as possible. Not only does this activity provide step-by-step instructions and tutorial videos, they also have the assistance of clay cutters to avoid any unwanted mistakes made by the pressure of carving an object freehand.
Some questions to get you started
- How did you….(make those lines/shapes, choose those colours, etc)?
- Have you learnt or tried anything today that you hadn’t before?
- What is your favourite part about your painting?
- Are you proud of your painting?What can you tell me about your painting?
- Where did you get your idea? What title would you give this picture?
- How do you feel when you are painting?